“Do you know, in 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before….”
It’s about “Doctor Who”. I just thought I should mention that. If that isn’t a consuming passion, I suggest you move along, or you will become like uzzz…
“The Doctor’s just a brilliant, mad buffoon, really. He’s the hero who saves the day, not because he’s the toughest or the strongest but because he’s got the biggest wit and he’s the quickest thinker. He’s a hero with a twist. I think my spin on the Doctor is inventive, surprising and a bit bonkers, and I hope that people will feel I carry the weight of the universe on my shoulders by the end of the series. In the meantime, it really has been a pleasure talking with you, sir.” — Matt Smith, interviewed over the phone by Grant Smithies for the Sunday Star Times.
I have two sproglets of the target age group for Who, one of whom is an avid fan.
PS – Just in case it isn’t obvious…
- Adric: I don’t see what the law of probability has to do with it.
- The Doctor: No. [realizing what Adric said] What?! Adric, I’ve given you a privileged insight into the mystery of time, yes?
- Adric: Yes.
- The Doctor: Introduced you to adventures beyond imagining, yes?
- Adric: Yes.
- The Doctor: And you criticise my logic?
- Adric: No, no, I’m just saying that a lot of the time you don’t really make sense.
- The Doctor: [pauses] Ah! Ah, you’ve noticed that, have you? Well, anybody can make sense.
— The Keeper of Traken