Aww, The Androzani Team say the nicest things!
Since my latest crossword isn’t Who related, I thought it was time to move it to a new, crossword-related blog.
Please have a look here for more crosswords, plus the Whoey ones (for completeness)
As usual, there are a few Whoey clues and/or answers mixed in with the less Doctorly ones.
7. See 12
8. Insectoid buzzin’ but no “hi” (5)
10. Time Lord, perhaps the Doctor? (3,5)
11. Short logician in mature occupation – of Steed, perhaps? (6)
12, 7. Swirly time hid swirly bus driver and possible Time Lady (4,9)
13. Sign ran back to kill polymath (8)
15. Sort of crisis for health care professional when primary welfare is left out and left in (7)
17. Feelings shown by half-smirks and falsehoods (7)
20. 32 below freezing in the US, shirt and newspaper necessary on many occasions (8)
22. Obligation, may involve interest (4)
25. 23 players dubious and disdainful (6)
26. Notorious Italian city almost within ring, almost (8)
27. Race in the manner of a crib (5)
28. Sir loses head, wears dress – at 18? (9)
1. Place in toilets for comedian and actor (5)
2. Thing back in, was on horseback – correct me if I’m wrong (6)
3, 18. Murder mystery from 14, or sound of sapphire waterfall? (6,2,8)
4. Beryl – aunt and ‘arbinger (7)
5. Add extra large 5 for Gerry-built spaceship (8)
6. Overheard plan to imprison a ruminant aboard ship – he’s not quite general (9)
9. Friend of 16, owned joint in the past (4)
14. Story lovers use mature protection (3,6)
16. Friend of 9 with lo-calorie appendage (8)
18. See 3
19. Advanced type of paper, almost like Robin (7)
21. Can first Mesoamerican culture (4)
23. Game found after 6 and mostly mythological river, and before New Zealand island (6)
24. Legal judgement from noted airline (5)
Thanks so much to The Androzani Team for describing me as having a devious and cruel mind, and for saying that they enjoyed my Jumbo Crossword immensely. Now that I have some worthy opponents, perhaps I should ramp up the difficulty slightly…
This crossword has a theme, which means that a reasonable number of answers relate to it, as do some of the clues (though clues that relate to the theme don’t necessarily have answers that do, and vice versa). The theme can be found by answering this clue: “TV series that if treated as a command could lead to another one (from the 70s)” (6,3)
(There is also a secondary, related theme to do with clues 23 and 11, which should in itself be a clue!)
This is a cryptic crossword, but not too difficult (i.e. not quite up to Araucaria’s standard).
The theme is given by the solution to this clue:
Empty dude goes through door and finds most of prostitute (no, it isn’t “Torchwood”) (6,3)
(Which indicates the level of difficulty, I guess. Alternatively, you can just look at the blog header!)
Or if that’s too easy, this might be a bit more of a challenge.
The theme this time is given by the answer to this clue:
Programme returns fish to rock outcrop? Head off cries of joy! (6,3)
Note – clues in quotes share a common attribute, and star the (slightly concealed) person to whom they are attributed.